Can software platforms speak to each other? Yes., indeed they can. Is this a problem? Well, it depends on who you ask. Let's skip over AI's getting so comfy with each other that they don't need us anymore! For now, in most situations, it's a 'solved problem' - if you need two, or many applications to speak to each other, we can help.
Xequals is an experienced software integrator who has worked across many different techs and platforms. We've made websites talk to financial systems, apps speak to content repositories, different databases share info with each other, and we even got your cousin Lenny to finally speak to Aunt Silvia, who frankly, was overdue for some TLC.
We deal with all the typical stuff, like:
- APIs - (which stand for Application Programming Interfaces, if only we had a dollar each time someone asked...)
- API development, aggregation, consumption, transmutation
- API data schemas
- REST/SOAP/SOIL - Guess which word is made up
- Authentication layers, including social logins, SSO, SAML, AD
- End-to-end encryption
- Issues concerning data sovereignty and data ownership
- Testing, troubleshooting, error and exception handling
- Automated performance testing and bottleneck tracing
If you've found yourself here going "oh heck, I really need to find someone who integrates A with B", then congrats, you've made it.